Friday, March 6, 2015

Eddie Bauer Adventurer Backpack Review



{Disclaimer: I received this backpack as gift from a family member. The following opinions are my own and I have not been compensated in any way for writing this post.}

A good backpack is so important! It's not really something you think about when you're getting ready to head off to college, but once you're there, you'll think about it, trust me. Being the "over-planner" that I am, I actually got two backpacks {though not really on purpose} I didn't know that my Aunt and Uncle were getting me this Eddie Bauer backpack and so I had bought a Vera Bradley one when they went on sale for really cheap.

When my Aunt and Uncle gave me this backpack my first thought was, "Oh my gosh! This thing is huge!!" And it is. But that's the beauty of it. There's is SO MUCH ROOM! That being said, I don't use this backpack one a regular basis. For the daily walk to class, I use my Vera Bradley. But whenever I come home or go to a friend's house, this is the bag I take. So here are some of my thoughts on this backpack.

The Good:

It's very spacious! Whenever I come home for a break I usually bring quite a few school books home {not that they all get opened...} and I like knowing that I have the space to take a lot home. I also put some odds and ends in it when I'm last-minute-packing.

The laptop sleeve: I really like the space that it has for my laptop. It's very well protected and I'm never worried about my laptop getting crushed or cracked. It's perfect. {Note: There's also a zippered section on the outside to reach the laptop so you can put it in one of two ways}

Two Pockets: This backpack actually has two different zippered sections. One is for the laptop and larger items and there is a smaller zippered section for odds and ends {there's also a place for pencils and pens}


























The Bad Not So Great:

Because this backpack is made, primarily, for hiking purposes there are a lot of buckles all over the place. This might be good if you're hiking in the wilderness but since that's not my thing {not yet at least} I don't really have any purpose for them so they just hang around being annoying.

It's really big. Sometimes too big. While I love having the extra space for when I need it, if I was using it on a daily basis I might get annoyed.

Overall, this is a wonderfully made, high quality product from a trusted distributor. Eddie Bauer is known for creating durable, long-lasting, and overall wonderful products and this backpack is no exception. I definitely recommend it but I recomend that you consider what you're going to be using it for.

If you think this work for your situation, I definitely recommend it! You can find the Eddie Bauer Adventurer Backpack here {my backpack is in the DK Smoke color and I really like it}