Sunday, January 18, 2015

My Top 4 Devotional Apps

I've recently been on the hunt for some good bible studying/devotional/time with God materials. One of my New Years' Resolutions (I finally made one of those... only 3 days late...) is to spend more more time with God doing my devotions. Whenever I was little I used to get those "365 Days With God" devotional books and I always got SO excited to start them! So I thought, why not channel my inner 6 year old and get a devotional book. As I started looking I found a lot of really great materials out there. So check out these totally rad apps and get your God time on.

Press Bible App: I really like this bible app for a few reasons. First of all it's created by a young start-up company of God loving individuals and I LOVE supporting that. Secondly, the graphics on this app are exquisite. You feel hip and cool using this app (did I just use the word "hip"?!?) The focus of the app is giving you the scriptures in the bible as well as dialogue from highly qualified pastors, teachers, and theologians every 5 or so scripture verses. For example, you'll have the first 5 verses of Matthew 3:1-5 and then you'll have a video/audio of an individual discussing all of those verses, a few, or just one. It's a super great way to get deep into God's word and to really learn some good stuff. (Note: You can also sign up to get weekly devotionals sent to you from Press Bible App here)

You Version App: This is the bible app that I have always had and I really like it. Visually, it's not anything special but it has the bible in almost every version and it's very easy to search key words and verses. Also, this is the app that my church uses to load sermon notes etc. so it's very convenient for that.

RGM (Redeemed Girl Ministries) App: I just found out app this app and so I haven't had a ton of time to use it and check it out but what I've seen so far is really great. They, just like Press Bible App, have very modern, fun, and yes, hip, graphics. The neat aspect about this app is that it's all podcasts. This is really great because you can listen while you're on your way to work, school, or just chilling at home. There are quite a few topics addressed and the podcasts run anywhere from 12 minutes to an hour.

She Reads Truth: I actually haven't used this app yet but it has gotten rave reviews from everyone I've talked to that uses it. With this app is also beautifully designed and really makes you want to read. She Reads Truth offers the full bible, but the draw of this app are its reading plans. Their plans range in length from 5 days to 365 days and are either free or $1.99. I'm really excited to start using this app. Also, I found out that She Reads Truth has a lovely online website (which you can access here) where they offer online devotionals (free) and there is also an adorable online shop with products ranging from journals to inspirational-quote mugs.

Do you have a favorite devotional/bible reading app you love? Share in the comment section!