Monday, January 19, 2015

Lets Talk Lips

I am a visual buyer. And by that I mean, if the package is pretty, I'll buy it. I really wish I was more of an open-minded person, but I have a really hard time purchasing something that doesn't look "pretty."

My mother raised me on Chapstick. I've always had a tube on my nightstand and I've applied it dutifully for as long as I can remember. As I got older, though, I couldn't help but think "Geez, this chapstick isn't very pretty..." And thus started my hunt for the perfect lip balm; Pretty and effective.

The first new kind of lip balm I tried was Eos, and it is OK. Whenever I apply it, my lips feel lightly refreshed, which is what I'm going for, but once the initial material wears off, you're left with dry/cakey lips that still feel chapped.

The next product I tried was Baby Lips. I really love this brand! When I apply this lip balm, my lips feel instantly hydrated and it doesn't make lips look "greesy" or gross. Still, though, I'll wake up in the morning after putting it on the night before and my lips will be pealing and gross.

So here's what I've found, there is no getting around the good 'ole Chapstick brand. It may not come in a cute tube and it may look gunky and gross when you put it on, but the stuff works! Eos and Baby Lips on the other, look incredible and are super "fun," but they aren't really effective.

What I've started doing is using Chapstick at night and then using either Eos/Baby Lips during the day. That way I can put on the gunky gross stuff when no one sees me and out in public I wear the chic and cute lip balm.

What is your favorite lip product?