Saturday, May 2, 2015

What I've Learned From Blogging So Far


I always love reading these posts from other bloggers. Learning from others is the best way to get good at your craft and I can definitely attest to that.

I've been blogging now {consistently} for about 4 months. I started a blog {this blog actually} in the summer of 2014 and I really enjoyed it but with starting my freshman year at college I just wasn't sure I could commit such a big part of my time to this blog. So I shut down the blog and left for college.

One of my classes that first semester, though, was a Writing for the Media class and one of our assignments was to start, and keep up with, a blog. I decided that instead of using my current blog, I wanted to create a new and "fresh" blog. I had always wanted to try out Wordpress {I've always heard how it's so different from blogger and the features are amazing} so I created a Wordpress blog. I kept up with it throughout the semester but I mostly focused on fashion.

As I kept blogging throughout the semester I wasn't really trying to grow my audience I just wanted to get better at writing for a blog. I really enjoyed that time. It was a really great learning process for me and my professor was really able to help me get better at writing for my blog.

Once the semester ended and my brain returned back to normal after finals {which let me tell you, took longer than I had anticipated...} I started to miss blogging.

I had a super long Christmas break with nothing much to do so I decided to bring back my old blogger blog {I wasn't a huge fan of Wordpress, you can read why here} and get back at it again.

This time, though, I really wanted to focus on growing my blog. So I started creating content, things that I was interested it, and seeing what posts my audience liked best.

I love writing for this blog. It's my passion, my biggest time eater, and so much fun. It's definitely a labor of love, though, and whenever I get in slump about my pageviews being down or not getting a favorite on a tweet, I just have to remind myself that I'm not doing this to be successful {not that I don't want to be successful...} I'm doing this because I love writing and I want to share my passion with the "world."

I have so much more to learn, that I know for sure. But in these past four months I have learned so much and I have made so many great connections and "blogger friends." I can't wait to see what these next few months have to hold and where these experience takes me.

I do want to thank you, though, my readers for embarking on this journey with me. I wouldn't be where I am without the constant encouragement I get from your comments, pageviews, emails, and more. You are all truly amazing people.

Happy blogging and have a wonderful day!!