Wednesday, May 20, 2015

beach waves


It's that time of year friends. The time for beaches, long hair {don't care}, tanning {getting burned...}, reading, ice cream, I could go on and on.

One thing that I've noticed over the past few summers is that I don't want to spend a lot of time doing my hair. I hate using a straightener/curling iron in the summer {I mean who needs that kind of extra heat??} So I always end up letting my hair go naturally curly with some mouse.

After a while that full, curly goodness gets old and I'm always looking for something new. I tried beachy waves a lot last summer and I really like them.

There a lot of really great products out there for getting the perfect beach babe look but the ones above are a few of my favorites. Here is 3 step plan for the cute and careless look.



































1. Wet hair. I want to preface this by saying that I have naturally curly hair. So for me to get "tame" hair is not easy. So when I want beach waves I wash my hair the night before and braid it.

2. Wide-tooth Comb. I always use a wide-tooth comb but it's really great for getting loose, ready to style hair.

3. Spray. I always spray my hair with the salt spray before I braid my hair and then in the morning when I take out my braids, I spray it again. It all depends on your hair type and how you can get the best waves possible. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Note: While companies are getting better at producing good quality, balanced product, sea salt is still salt and therefore will dry out your hair. So make sure that you're keeping your hair moisturized and nourished.

Do you have any tips for getting the perfect beach waves? Share in the comment section bellow.