Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Books I Love

I've always loved to read. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time for it now as I would like {my time seems to be consumed with required reading instead of the fun stuff...} but I always like to take a good trip down memory lane and remember some of my favorites over the years.

A Billion Reasons Why: Okay, here it is, I'll admit it, I am a sucker for a good romantic, love-overflowing, flirty back-and-forth novel. This book {minus its over the top cheesy title} is everything I love about sappy romance. While it does have its stereotypical moments, the moral of the story is strong and the love story is very romantic.

Can't Let You Go: I've written reviews on Jenny B Jones' books before {see one here} and I can honestly still say she is my favorite author. Her books are the perfect balance of fun, witty, romantic, and laugh out loud hilarious. This book I especially liked because it continued the story of one of my all time favorite JBJ characters. This one is a definite must read {but read the prior books first or you'll be completely confused}

What a Girl Wants: Ashley Stockingdale {the main character of this book series} will always have a special place in my heart} I think one of the reasons why I love this character so much is because she's so different from me yet so similar all at the same time. Her life is a crazy, chaotic, beautiful mess and somehow she makes it work. If you're looking for a book to remind that everything is going to be okay, this series is a definite must for you. Plus I can guarantee you'll have tears pouring down your face from laughing so hard.

The Convenient Groom: This story is the perfect combination of "this could never happen" and "I kinda wish it would" but it works all at the same time. The leading characters are so real and the story that develops is truly beautiful. While it may be a bit unrealistic {or at least I hope...} you will be laughing and crying right along with our leading lady.

Heist Society: I started reading Ally Carter with the Gallagher Girls mysteries when I was in middle school. This "more grown up" mystery series is very interesting. Reading from the viewpoint of a criminal and learning to relate to that criminal is very interesting and new for me. I really appreciate the writing style and the solid story plot that accompany this book.

Even Now: This book had me in tears. I'm not a big "cryer" but I full out ugly girl cried through this book. The story is so beautiful and heart-breaking all at the same time. It will remind you of the beauty that can come out of sad situations. {If you're looking for another good book to make you cry, the sequel this one, Ever After, will make you ball like a baby}

Leaving: Baily Flannigan, the main character in this Karen Kingsbury series, was very relateable to me. It's not often that I really "connect" with a character in a book and feel as if they are just like me. I found the storyline to be a bit unrealistic and idealistic but overall, you really learn a lot from the girl with a heart of gold.

Do you have an all time favorite book? Share in the comment section below, I'd love to read it.