Friday, January 2, 2015

The Best of 2014

2014 was a great year for sure! So many things happened this year. Shailene Woodley (that girl no one knew before TFIOS and Divergent...) became a star, FROZEN, Kim Kardashian's attempt to break the internet, Taylor Swift (need I say more?), and so much more. 2014 was a great year and I thought it would be fun to make a list of my own personal favorites of 2014.

TV Shows: I found so many great TV shows this year! Seriously, Manhattan Love Story. It was such a cute series, unique storyline, and adorable acting team. But then, thanks to my wonderful friends at ABC, it was cancelled #biggestheartbreakof2k14. Another really great TV show of 2014 though was State of Affairs. Now this show has gotten quite the range of mixed reviews. People either love it or hate it, but I LOVE it. I've always liked Katherine Heigl, and contrary to popular belief, I think she does a great job of portraying a powerful woman in Washington. You do you KH!
college enlightens a person. One of my favorites this year was

Movie: Now naturally I probably should have chosen Frozen, but I thought I would go with Divergent instead. I really enjoyed this film! It had me on the edge on my seat the. whole. time. Plus who doesn't love a shirtless Theo James (and all the ladies said "amen").

Clothing: I know, I know, peplum tops were not new to 2014 but I discovered them in 2014. I also really liked the new army-parka-jacket things and I think they're adorable.

Book: I love Jenny B. Jones. If you haven't read any of her books yet, you need to get on that. She's hilariously funny and her characters are adorably lovable (trust me, you'll get attached...) Anyways, I loved that she wrote a finishing book to the Katie Parker series, Can't Let You Go. The book was everything I could have hoped for and MORE!

App: 2048. My sister and I were discussing today how 2048 was the one "fad app" this year that lasted longer than a hot second. While we should be sure and pay our respects to "flappy bird," "trivia crack," "flow," and "geometry dash," 2048 takes the prize.

Music: How could I not choose a T. Swift song for best song? I mean 2014 was the "year of Taylor Swift." Shake It Off is my absolute FAVORITE song to dance to and Taylor Swift is the most adorable person ever!

2014 was certainly a great year and I can't wait to see what "favorites" 2015 will bring!

Bonus: Things to look forward to in 2015
1. Baby George's brother/sister
2. Insurgent (sequel to Divergent)
3. Mockingjay Part 2 (!!!!!!!!!)
4. More wonderful fad apps
5. More T. Swift (???)