Friday, January 23, 2015

|Product Review| Origins GinZing Facial Scrub

I've recently been on the hunt for a new facewash/cleanser. I know this is more of exfoliation scrub but it had really good reviews and I thought I'd give it try.

The Good:
The makeup of the scrub is really great. Because it's an exfoliation scrub, it has little beads in it which might not sound especially pleasant, but trust me, it is. I've tried some scrubs where it was just too corse and not gentle enough on my skin (I have very sensitive skin) but this was extremely gentle of my skin and it left me feeling wonderfully refreshed

The smell is absolutely heavenly! Just as the bottle would suggest (i.e. the orange coloring) the tangy orange smell is pretty great. 

The Bad Not So Great:

I should preface by saying that I have very sensitive skin. For me, this face wash didn't do anything bad but it also didn't do anything good. I did get a breakout but I'm not sure if that is from the scrub or just the normal, hormonal breakout that I get. Either way, the face wash didn't prevent the breakout and that is not exactly a positive.

The price is isn't exactly stellar. I purchased mine from Sephora and it was $19.50 dollars for a bottle. While this isn't a steep price to pay, and I wouldn't mind paying it if the product really worked, but for 5 oz.... I just wasn't really impressed.


Overall, I really liked the face wash, I would probably keep it and use it as an every-once-in-a-while exfoliator but for the price, I couldn't really justify it. I would definitely recomend that you give it a try though, I'm glad I did!

I purchased this product on my own and was not compensated in any way from any company for this review. All thoughts above are mine.