Sunday, January 11, 2015

5 Winter Favorties

I am currently writing this post while I'm curled up in front of my fire, 10 degree weather outside, and roads covered with ice. Suffice to say I'm getting a lot of blogging done tonight. Anyways, these bellow freezing temperatures have made me thankful for the little things in life, like down coats, furry/water proof boots, and mittens. Here are a few of my absolute favorite things this winter and where you can get them.

1. Mittens: I picked up these warm and fleecy lovelies at H & M (my new favorite story by the way) and I absolutely love them! Unfortunately they are no longer sold online but they have a few left in stores.

2. Puffer Coat: This coat boasts warmth in 32 degree temps but I would say it can go down to zero. While it's not the best for snow flurries and storms (due to its lack of a hood) it's definitely warm and it's definitely my go-to.

3. Boots: I went back and forth for a long time about what kind of winter boots I wanted to get. I looked at Bean Boots, Sperry Boots, Lands End Boots, Ugg Boots, and everything in between. I finally found these Sporto boots for a steal of a deal and I love them! They have great traction, they are warm, and they are super cute! What more could a girl ask for?

4. Flannel Plaid Shirt: I've really been loving flannel/plaid this season and this shirt is the epitome of all that I love. I just want to crawl inside of it and be warm!

5. Beanie: I actually haven't tried this particular beanie yet but in general I've been loving beanies this season. It's actually cool to wear hats now. And with having to walk from my dorm room to class buildings every day, my ears/head need all they help they can get (Warning: If you're going to wear a hat, understand that your hair will not look the same... possibly ever...)

How are staying warm this winter season? Share in the comment section and let me know what your favorites are.