Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry Christmas


As I'm writing this, my family is watching "The Nativity" movie and it's really getting me in the Christmas mood. Every year this movie incites an amazement and awe inside of me at the immense faith Mary had when the angel told her she would give birth to the Son of God.

Imagine your life as a 16 year old and imagine an angel coming to you and telling you that were going to have a baby. Not only would you have to process through how this would completely alter and change your life, but you would have to deal with all of the shame and judgement that comes with being pregnant without a husband.

I wonder what I would have done if I had been Mary? Would I have said yes? Would I have trusted God with my life as well as the life of the unborn child inside of me? Would have had what it took to be Mary? Obviously there is a reason why God chose Mary, she was an amazing, amazing woman of God. Yet there are some very important lessons that we can learn from Mary's life.

Mary is an amazing example of what we, as Christian women, should strive to be. We should strive to trust God with all that we are. To understand that His ways are high than our ways. And to always, always believe that He will do as He says.

What are your favorite lessons from the Christmas story?